Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Birth of a Blog, the Cancer of a Nation

This blog has actually been a long time coming. This will be very different from my personal blog which was started on myspace, moved to facebook and is now hard set at wordpress. Anyone that knows me well, knows I have very strong opinions and ideas. Yet what seem to be my most passionate and quite frankly self-inflammatory thoughts are those that deal with America. Now that is a broad subject, America. Let me hopefully bring the circle in a little tighter.

These thoughts and ideas I speak of concern my view of our great nation, which was founded on unwavering principles set forth by men aware of the failings inherent to the human condition. These men attempted to rise above the debauchery and with the help of the Almighty, whom they recognized at every turn, did so. But what bothers me most, are the elements which have degraded, debased and have led to a downward spiral of moral, political, spiritual and social decadence that can now be seen running rampant through the streets of America.

So with these thoughts on hand, I introduce you to 'The Cookie Jar'. A blog about how this "heaven-rescued land" needs rescuing not from some outside force threatening to take away our liberties, but from the most sinister enemy of them all... the American people. Yes, America needs saving from it's very own citizens. Notice I do not single out Republicans or Democrats. Nor is blame to rest on just the liberals or solely on the conservatives. "We the people" are to blame for any unhappiness we feel towards any aspect of the United States of America.

In this blog I will refrain from making apologies to any who may take offense. In fact, I am sure somewhere along the line you, the reader, will have reason to be offended. I will explore numerous topics on what I hope to be a regular basis. There's a lot of ground to cover, from the Constitution to the new health care bill, and all the history and current events in between. I am in my mid-twenties and am a product of my culture, movie references will abound, my limited experience in the military may play a role, and I will make every attempt to actually research the topic I will write about. For instance, I have three versions of the new health care bill that I plan on reading before you see a post on that subject. How many Americans have actually bothered to read it, instead of swallowing whatever the media throws at them?

Ah, but THAT is a topic for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Loading...